Rose Sandesh is a bengali sweets which melts in your mouth.It is a healthy way to end your meal .
Makes 10 pieces.
- Lemon Juice-1.5tsp
- Powdered sugar-8tbsp
- Red Colour-1drop(optional)
- Green Colour-1drop(optional)
- Rose essence-1drop
- Heat the milk in a vessel. When it starts boiling add lemon juice. Stir continuously using a wooden spoon till it curdles completely. Remove from flame.
- Drain the curdled milk through a fine muslin cloth...tie the cloth for remaining water to drain for about 1hr
- Take chena on plate and start kneading with your heel of palms until it becomes soft...add sugar and again start kneading with your palm fr about 5 minutes more
- Add rose essence and mix
- Divide the dough into two parts...
- Add red colour into one parts
- Add green colour into another parts
HOW TO MAKE ROSE WITH CHENA
- Take small portion of chena of red colour and Make a small sausage
- Press the sausage to become flat
- Roll the this piece together to become the rose middle part
- Make 3 circles by finger and hand to become the petals
- Attach the petals around the rose
- Cut away the extra chena at bottom
HOW TO MAKE LEAF AND STEM
Take a small portion of chena of green colour and rolled out to make stem
Take a small portion of chena of green colour and give shape of leaf
Giving shape of Rose is optional....if you wish...can avoid colours....and just make a round or square shaped sandesh ...garnish with crushed rose petals on top