INGREDIENTS FOR TOPPING
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Sliiced pineapple (6 canned slices or use fresh)
INGREDIENTS FOR CAKE
- 1cup all-purpose flour,
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg, room temperature preferred
- 1/4 cup milk at room temperature
- 1/4cup pineapple juice (reserved from the canned pineapple or use fresh)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 180 C degrees for 10 minutes.
- Place 1/4 cup of melted butter into a 8 inch round cake pan dish . Make sure it is a deep pan!
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Top with pineapple slices and arrange cherries between the pineapple slices.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter in the microwave. Add sugars..Whisk iuntil mixture becomes creamy
- Whisk in egg,milk, pineapple juice, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients until no lumps remain. Batter will be thick.
Pour/spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake for at 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean..Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan, turn plate and pan over.