- 4 medium to large ripe or over ripe bananas
- 1.5 cups all purpose Flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4cup castor or granuled sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup milk(room tempreture)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisin
- preheat your oven at 180 degrees C/350 degrees F. if using a regular oven, heat both the top and bottom elements. for a microwave convection oven, just preheat the oven.
- peel and chop the bananas. add them to a bowl and mash them with a fork. you can also use a blender to mash the bananas.
- add sugar, oil and vanilla extract.
- stir very well so that the oil mixes with the banana puree and the sugar dissolves.
- sieve flour, baking soda, baking powder in another bowl. fold the raisin with the flour mixture very well.
- grease the 9inch loaf or 8 inch round or square pan...sprinkle some flour
- pour the batter in a greased or lined 9"inch loaf pan or 8inch round or square pan
- gently tap and shake the pan. place the pan in the center rack if using a regular oven or OTG.
- bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees C/350 degrees F for 40 to 45mins or till tooth pick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- when warm or cooled, slice and serve .
- garnish according to your choice.
depending on the temperature in your oven and the size of your pan, the cake might take less or more time than mentioned here. the temperature varies from oven to oven. so keep an eye. the benchmark is that a tooth pick inserted in the cake should come out clean.