Chanar Dalna....Bengali Style Paneer Kofta without onion and garlic
Today I am going to share a very authentic Bengali vegetarian dish...Chanar Dalna...Paneer Kofta Curry.....it is very simple recipe without onion and garlic.....The main ingredients os this dish is Chena or Homemade Paneer and Potato...
First we will make Chena or Homemade Paneer....
INGREDIENTS OF MAKING CHENA OR HOMEMADE PANEER
- Lemon juice of 1 Lemon
- Pure cotton or muslin cloth
- Heavy bottom pan
- Heat the milk in a pan until just before it boils..then turn off the heat
- Add lemon juice.
- Stir milk constantly while adding lemon juice..the solid curds will separate from the liquid whey
- Place the cotton or muslin cloth in a strainer..and strain out the whey from curds
- Rinse the chena with water...it will help to remove the sourness of chena...
- Allow it to for atleast 30 minutes...
- Homamade Chena
- Cumin seeds -1 / 2tsp
- Ginger paste -1 / 2tsp
- Turmeric Powder-1/2tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan..add cumin seeds. .let them crackle. .add ginger paste
- Add chena...besan..turmeric. .and salt...stir until the mixture dries up...keep it aside..let it be cool
- Take small portion of this mixture..and make a small balls...keep them aside
- Heat oil in a pan...fry the balls until golden brown....keep aside
INGREDIENTS OF CHANAR DALNA OR PANEER KOFTA CURRY
- Chena Ball
- Potato-1 cut into small cubes
- Tomato-1 chopped
- Ginger Paste-1tsp
- Cumin seeds-1/2tsp
- Turmeric Powder-1tsp
- Cumin Powder-1tsp
- Coriander Powder-1tsp
- Red Chilli Powder-1tsp
- Bay leaf -1
- Green Cardamom-2
- Chinamon stick-1"
- Salt to taste
- Water-1cupHOW TO MAKE CHENA BALL CURRY OR KOFTA CURRY
- Make a masala paste adding ginger paste,all spices powder and little bit water
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add potato pieces..fry them until golden brown..keep them aside
- Add bay leaf ,green cardamom and chinamon stick
- Add cumin seeds...let them crackle
- Add Masala Paste...sauté it very well
- Add chopped tomatoes...with the back of your ladle ...predd the tomatoes to release all juices
- Add salt and sugar..
- Add fried potatoes...mix well...cook for 5 minutes till the raw smell of masalas goes away
- Add the water..bring it to boil...simmer the gas...cover with lid...cook it until potatoes are done
- Turn off the gas..remove the lid...add fried chena ball or paneer kofta...and ghee...