Samosa Bread Pokoda
Bread Pakoda is a favourite Indian tea time snack..basically it is stuffed with a filling of mashed potatoes...but here I used paneer,capsicum,carrots,peas along with potatoes......also tired to make the pakoda in samosa shape..
INGREDIENTS FOR THE FILLINGS:-
- Carrot-1 small
- Capsicum-1 small
- Peas-1/2 cup
- Paneer-100 gm
- Green Chilli-1 chopped
- Red chilli powder-1tsp
- Coriander powder-1tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves-1/4 cup
- salt to taste
METHOD OF FILLINGS
- Boiled all the vegetables in a pressure cooker or microoven
- Lightly Mash the vegetables
- Crumble the paneer and keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan..add cumin seeds...when they sizzle...add crumble paneer
- Add mashed vegetables..green chilli ..add salt,,cumin powder..coriander powder
Note: non vegetarian people can use egg or chicken instead of paneer.
INGREDIENTS FOR CRISPY OUTER COATING
- All purpose flour-1.5 cup
- Corn flour -1/2 cup
- Baking soda-1pinch
- 8clices of white bread
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
PREPARING THE BATTER
- In a bowl,add flour,corn flour ,salt and baking soda
- Add around 1/2 cup of water and mix..the batter should not be very thick or thin...
- Cut the edges of bread slices
- Cut the bread slices into triangular shape
- Take around 2tbsp of fillings...and place it in the middle of each slice
- Apply water on edges...joint the straight edges to make a cone....now close the open portion using water...as you do while making samosa..
FRYING THE BREAD POKODA
Dip the Samosa style bread into the batter...coat it properly
Heat oil in a pan...place the batter coasted breadin the oil
Fry it on medium flame until they are crispy and golden brown
Drain on the tissue paper
Your Samosa Bread PokoDa is ready to serve....serve it with any sauce or chutney as your choices.