Bengali's Sunday lunch is incomplete without meat whatever it is chicken or mutton. Jhol means thin gravy, the speciality of this chicken dish is it's thin gravy.We Bong people love to have any vegetarian or non-vegetarian curry with potatoes.For health-wise it may not be good cooking a dish with potatoes but tastewise it is too good.As it is a chicken's thin gravy so it needs more water to cook compared to other chicken dishes. So next coming Sunday just try your's chicken dish in this way and give me yours valuable feedbacks.
Preparation Time-10 Minutes
Marination Time-1 hour
Cooking Time-20 Minutes
Category-Chicken Dish,Bengali NonVeg Dish,Durga Puja Special
Chicken - 500 gms
Potatoes -2(cut into halves)
Onions - 2 (chopped)
Ginger Paste -2 tablespoons
Garlic Paste- 3tablespoons
Chilly Paste - 1 tablespoons(of 3/4 chilies)
Tomatoes - 1 (chopped)
Turmeric Powder - 2 teaspoon
Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Mustard Oil -1/2 cup
Curd - 1/4 cup
Salt - to taste
1. Wash chicken pieces and apply little bit oil, salt and turmeric powder, curd, ginger garlic paste,chilly powder and coriander powder on it. Let it marinate for half an hour.
2. Heat the remaining oil in a pan and fry potatoes until golden brown, remove and keep aside.Add chopped onions and fry the onions till golden brown.
3. Next add chilli paste and chopped tomatoes.
4. Add salt.Keep stirring and cook till it becomes brown in colour.
5. Now add the marinated chicken pieces and fried potatoes and mix.Cook on medium flame,cook for about 5 minutes till it softens . Keep stirring often. If the chicken starts sticking to the bottom, splash some water.
6.Add water,bring it to boil.When it will start boiling cover with lid.Cook until potatoes and chicken are done.
6. Switch off the gas.
Serve hot with hot steamed rice but if you want you can have it with roti,chapati or paratha also.
Try more Chicken Dishes,click Here
Try more Bengali Non Vegetarian Dishes,click Here
Try more Bengali Durga Puja Special Dishes,clickHere