Mughlai Paratha is a famous Bengali food which can be served as breakfast or dinner. It is basically patathas stuffed with egg.This is very easy recipe which can be prepared in less time.It is served with spicy potato curry, salad and tomato sauce.
Ingredients of Moghlai Paratha
- All purpose flour or maida-1.5 cup
- Cooked Keema-1/2cup (Optional)
- Onion-1 chopped
- Green chillies-2 chopped
- Ginger-1tsp Chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1tbsp ghee for kneading (moyan)
- Water for kneading
- Oil-1/2 cup
- Seive the flour and salt together...now add ghee with the flour...mix them properly..now rub the flour properly. .add little bit water to make soft dough.
- Cover it with wet cloths and keep aside for minimum 1hour...
- In a bowl, add egg, cooked keema,chopped onions, green chillies, ginger ans salt. ..mix them properly
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions and shape them into round balls
- Roll out each ball of dough into a 8inch diameter paratha and place one fourth of the filling at the centre of the paratha..spread a little with spoon
- Now fold the paratha from four corners to make a square shape that the filling inside is fully covered
- Wet your finger with water and press the corners and the centre of the paratha to ensure the folds will not open while frying
- Heat griddle and add oil
- Put the paratha on it...cook by adding oil around the edges
- Turn and fry the other side by applying oil
- When brown patches appear on both side...remove from the griddle. ..serve hot with spicy aloo sabji, salad and sauce.
Post a Comment