Donut or doughnut is a type of fried dough sweet confectionery food item.It is popular in various countries of the World.
You can have it on their own or can use various toppings such as sugar, chocolate, maple glazing or many more.
It can be a nice sweet treat for all the members of your family,specially kids love to have these fluffy,sweet,tasty donuts.
Preparation Time-15 Minutes
Inactive Time-45 Minutes
Cooking Time-15 Minutes
Yields-10-12 Medium Sized Donuts
Ingredients for donuts
- All purpose flour-1.5 cup+more for dusting
- Warm milk-1/2 cup
- Melted butter-1/4 cup
- Powdered sugar -1/4 cup
- Dry yeast-1 teaspoon
- Vanilla essence-1 teaspoon
- Baking powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Oil-2 cups (for deep frying)
Ingredients for sugar glaze
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- Pink colour - few drops (if you want pink colour)
- Coloured sprinkles-1/4cup (optional)
Ingredients for chocolate ganache
- Dark chocolate-1/2cup
- Butter-2 tablespoons
- Pink sprinkles-1/4cup (optional )
- Add warm milk, sugar and yeast into a bowl.Cover with lid and wait for 15 minutes or till yeast will become foamy.
- Add the flour in a big bowl, add salt , baking powder, butter , vanilla essence and yeast mixture and mix well to make a soft dough, if required, add little warm water.Cover the bowl and set aside for 40-45 minutes or until double.
- Once dough will become double ,dust flour on kitchen surface and punch it down. Knead it again for 2 - 3 minutes and make same sized balls.
- Dust the flour and roll the balls into 1/2 inch thick circle.
- Now take a medium size round lid of any bottle or steel glass or cookie cutter and cut the flattened dough into small disks.
- Take a small lid of small bottle, press on centre of each disk and make small hole to get perfect shape of donut.
- Line a tray with butter paper (cellophane paper also works, you can get it in any book store), place the donuts on this tray.Cover the tray with plastic wrap and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and fry the donuts on a medium flame till golden brown, remove them on absorbent paper and keep aside.
How to make sugar glaze and dip the donuts into sugar glaze
- Mix all the ingredients of sugar glaze and beat well to make sugar glaze.
- Divide the sugar glaze into two portions and add pink colour into one portion and mix.
- Dip few donuts into white and pink sugar glaze and coat them 1/2 portion from the above.
- Top with coloured sprinkles.
How to make chocolate ganache and dip the donuts into chocolate ganache.
- Break the chocolates into small pieces. Put the chocolate into a heat proof bowl.Set over a pan of simmering water and leave it to melt. Do not let the water touch the bottom of the upper pan.Only let the water simmer.
- Add butter and mix. Do not allow it to boil otherwise you may burn the chocolate. Stir until completely melted.Remove from heat and leave it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Dip the remaining donuts into melted chocolate and coat them 1/2 portions from the above.
- Top with pink sprinkles, place them on a tray and serve.
Want to know more Cakes and Cookies recipes, please click HERE
Add warm milk, sugar and yeast into a bowl.Cover with lid and wait for 15 minutes to let the yeast foamy.
Add flour, salt , baking powder, butter ,vanilla essence and yeast mixture into a bowl and mix well to make a soft dough. Cover the bowl and set aside for 40-45 minutes or until double
Dust flour on kitchen surface and knead it for 2 - 3 minutes and make same sized balls from the dough.
Dust the flour and roll the ball into 1/2 inch thick circle. Now take a medium size round thing and cut the flattened dough into small disks.Take a small lid of small bottle, press on centre of each disk.Line a tray with butter paper and place the donuts on this tray.
Heat oil in a deep pan and fry the donuts on a medium flame till golden brown, remove it on absorbent paper.You can have them on their own or can dip them into sugar glaze or chocolate ganache according to the above mentioned recipe.